Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Little Something New




Wanted to share a couple new pic's I have received...and fill you in...


Tomorrow is Easter Sunday. Which means, I lost my daddy 16 years ago. He died


Holy Thurs. before Easter Sunday in 1994. He is with me in my heart every single


day, and I still miss him terribly. Today, Lynn and I were going thru our old stuff


that we have trying to decide what to get rid of and what to keep...it's been in storage,


or we have moved it so many times we just don't use it...One of those things is a


very "old" transitor radio...This little thing was given to daddy by mom and us kids when


the boys and I were very young..I remember the picture of it sitting of the table in the


kitchen after he opened his gift...and it was for Fathers Day. I kept this radio all these


years, it doesn't work, the leather case around it is torn, but it was daddy's so I keep it.


Today, I gave it up.. I said to Lynn, I don't know what to do about this, and he grabbed it


from me and said I do....and headed for the trash...Boy those tears came fast...how do I


give this up. I have so many things that were daddys and I just can't give them up. But


today I gave that radio it final burial...and as I write this, again the tears flow...I love you daddy, and I miss you every single day.




Now on a cheerier note, Happy Easter to everyone. I won't be having my babies this year, but we


do get to have Mom and Dad Gourley with us, our Lisa, and possibly a friend of Lisa's named Lisa.


So I know we will have a great Easter...My mom is with Tad, thank God......our Amy and Bryan are with his family and our son Grant and Ash are with her family...So we still are with family....That's all that matters...




Here are just a couple new pic's I have...hope you enjoy them........and Happy Spring to all.

1 comment:

  1. So why are my words all scattered like that...I don't understand...I'm just not that good at this blogging stuff I guess...

    ReplyDelete